Here is my list of the TOP TEN Cambridge, MA condo sale events of 2011. I am counting down from 10 to 1 by sale price in ASCENDING ORDER.
10. 303 Broadway Unit 1R. A one-bedroom condo set back from the street with its own private entrance?!? How cool is that! Functions more like a single family. I served as the listing broker at Hammond Real Estate for this renovated 1-bedroom residence. Other highlights here include intelligent floor plan, in-unit laundry hook-ups, high ceilings, central air. SOLD for $328,000.
9. 2 Union Terrace Unit 2B. To be or not 2B? Incredible one-bedroom on second floor with private entrance on first floor and roof deck up above. And there is also parking for one car and central air. Purchased by one of my buyer clients. SOLD for $342,000.
8. 22 Bradbury Unit A. A 1-br outside of Harvard Square in the Riverview association. This unit in the smaller building on Bradbury Street. Exceptional 2007 renovation. SOLD for $390,000. A Hammond Real Estate listing.
7. 141 Elm. New construction contemporary townhouse on four levels designed by Campbell Ellsworth. Listed as a 3-br residence but functions as a 2-br plus study. Three full baths. Nice private outdoor space. One of four units in the association in two buildings. Partially covered parking for one car. Right behind Oleana Restaurant. SOLD for $630,000.
6. 11 Wright #3. Top floor 2-br, 2-bath condo close to Harvard Square with GARAGE PARKING plus one additional off-street parking space. Sky high ceilings here another added bonus. A Hammond Real Estate listing. SOLD for $646,300.
5. 57 Regent #4. A loft-style 2-br, 2-bath condo with its own private entrance and off-street parking for two cars. Close to the commuter rail line in Porter Square. I served as the listing agent at Hammond Real Estate for this offering, which SOLD for $658,000.
4. 988 Memorial Drive Unit 403. Renovated 1,242 square foot 2-br, 2-bath unit with views of the Charles River. A Hammond Real Estate listing. This residence features in-unit side-by-side laundry, a rarity in this building. SOLD for $715,000.
3. 28 Clinton. I served as the listing broker at Hammond Real Estaet for this offering. A picture-perfect Victorian townhome on four levels with the look and feel of a single family. Multiple offers and SOLD for $935,250 (over the asking price of $929,000).
2. 11 Avon. New construction end unit townhouse with 3 bedrooms and 2.5 baths and garage parking with direct access to the residence. A Hammond Real Estate listing. A highlight here is the expansive private back yard. SOLD for $1,295,000. A Guy Asaph project - one of three in the association.
1. 128 Oxford. WOW! What a space. A Hammond Real Estate listing. One of the most dramatic residences I have ever seen in Cambridge. A carpentry shop (1908) was comprehensively renovated by S&H to incorporate luxury and comfort into a superb loft-style layout. Fantastic spaces, unusually high ceilings with skylights. Set back from street. A hidden gem. SOLD for $1,700,000.
Are you looking to buy or sell in Cambridge? I am a Harvard graduate, Cambridge resident, and top real estate broker in the area since 1999. To gain access to photos and descriptions of all MLS properties now for sale in Cambridge and Somerville, MA log in as as new visitor at CharlesCherney.com. The Cambridge and Somerville Real Estate Blog.